You can accept donations in multiple ways
1. Donate button & payment experience directly on your site
Upon clicking the donate button, the consumer wallet will open for a user to contribute right there.
2. Donations anywhere with Bitcoin native options
Use your lightning address to get P2P payments from users on social, add an LN-URL QR code so users can scan and contribute on your site or streams.
3. Donate button experience that sends users to a Mash Page
Alternatively, you can have your Donate button open a Mash Page in a new tab.
Adding the Donation Button to your site
⓶ - Adjust the size, width and design of your donate button.
- Size: Replace the size attribute from
- Width: You can remove the width completely, and it will fill the entire container, or adjust it with properties of your liking. Here’s some example documentation.
- Design: You can adjust your global themes in Mash directly, which will update the look and feel of your donate button.
⓷ - Choose whether the button takes you to your Mash page or opens the wallet
- Redirect: will always send users to your Mash Page (make sure your handle is accurate).
- Wallet: will only use the Mash Wallet. If the wallet isn’t there, it will not function properly.
⓸ - Paste the code into your site and publish it.
You’ll have to use an “embed code” block or similar function on the page or location you want to add boosts. These are available on most platforms which have detailed instructions.
And that’s it! 🎉
Full Customization - SDK & NPM
If you want to fully customize the style of a donate button, you can use the Mash dashboard or create a button or link of your choosing that directs users to your Mash Page using our SDK or NPM Package.